Last update : September 24th, 2022
The use of the Software and/or the Site involves the collection and processing by LEFT ANGLE of the Client’s personal data, within the meaning of the General Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on Data Protection No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 ("GDPR") and Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 known as the "Data Protection Act" in its current version (hereinafter referred to together as the "Personal Data Regulation").
"User Account": refers to the personal account created by the Client on the Site, to which the latter is required either to enter directly its information, which will be transmitted to the Distributor to confirm the orders, or to transfer the information entered when ordering from the Distributor.
"Personal Data": means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, here the Client, collected and processed when creating the User Account, connecting to the User Account, using the Software and providing the Associated Services;
"Data Controller": means the company LEFT ANGLE which decides on the "purposes" and "means" of the processing of Personal Data (in accordance with art. 3, I of the LIL and Art. 4, 7) of the GDPR);
"Site": means the website published by LEFT ANGLE at the following address: https://www.left-angle.com/ and the cloud service provided by LEFT ANGLE under the EULA and accessible at the following address: https ://artisan.left-angle.com.
LEFT ANGLE is a simplified joint stock company with a capital of 26,666.00 euros, having its registered office at 32 rue de la Biscuiterie 38400 Saint Martin d'Hères, registered in the Grenoble Trade and Companies Register under number 878 675 198.
LEFT ANGLE can be contacted:
• At the following postal address: Left Angle, 655 avenue de l'Europe, 38330 Montbonnot Saint-Martin
• By phone at: +33 476615456
• By email at email@example.com
LEFT ANGLE shall also be qualified as "joint controller", with the Distributor, RE: Vision Effects, Inc, a company incorporated under the laws of California, having its registered office at 1301 Thomas Drive, Martinez, Ca, 94553 U.S.A., for the processing operations (i), (v) and (vii) listed in the section "Purposes of the processing operations" below.
In accordance with Article 26 of the GDPR, the Client is informed that:
• The Distributor is the point of contact for Clients to exercise their rights and handle complaints relating to treatments (i), (ii) and (vii). The requests made directly to LEFT ANGLE will be forwarded to the Distributor.
The Distributor may be contacted:
• At the following mailing address 1301 Thomas Drive, Martinez, Ca, 94553 U.S.A.
• By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEFT ANGLE does not process any personal data that may be contained in the files that the Client uploads and stores on its Artisan Cloud space, except for technical operations expressly requested by the Client, which are therefore carried out on the Client's instructions, and for which the Client remains solely responsible.
LEFT ANGLE collects directly from its Clients through the online forms available on its Site, or during their navigation, and process the following categories of Personal Data:
• Identification data (name, first name, email address, username, phone number, profile picture, location, company name and VAT ID of the company, if applicable);
• Professional life (Client's title and profession, proof of eligibility to subscribe to the "educational" license);
• Location Data (Zip code/zip code, GPS location based on IP address);
• Login data (IP address, hardware identifier, hostname, web browser, password, acceptance of the EULA);
• Client’s history (orders placed and contracts concluded);
• Web browsing (history of purchases and pages consulted on the Site, etc.);
• Any additional information that the Client chooses to communicate to LEFT ANGLE in order to process his request.
The compulsory character of the data to be provided is indicated to the Client during the collection by an asterisk.
LEFT ANGLE also collects indirectly, through the Distributor, the following categories of data:
• Number of the license subscribed by the Client,
• Email address.
The categories of Personal Data listed in the previous article are processed by LEFT ANGLE to allow:
• (i) The conclusion of the order contract for the Software and the Associated Services, through the website of the Distributor or the Site, from the identification data;
• (ii) The creation of the User Account (mandatory for the use of the Software) on the Site, from the identification data, and data relating to the professional life of the Client;
• (iii) The authentication of the Client via the Software in complete security and the detection of fraudulent behavior, based on login and location data;
• (iv) The provision of the Software and Associated Services (including in particular second-level technical support and the performance of technical operations requested by the Client as part of the Cloud Artisan service), based on the data provided when the User Account is created;
• (v) To provide after-sales service to Clients, based on web browsing data, the Client's history and information provided by the Client;
• (vi) To monitor its commercial relationship with the Client (satisfaction survey), based on web browsing data, the Client's history and information that the Client communicates to LEFT ANGLE;
• (vii) To carry out commercial prospection or solicitation;
• (viii) The realization of statistics from an internal software in order to evaluate and improve its services, from the data of web navigation collected only by "session cookies";
• (ix) Management of pre-litigation and litigation.
The legal bases for the processing operations listed above are respectively:
• The performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the Client, for the purpose (i) ;
• The performance of the contract concluded with the Client (the EULA) for the purposes (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v);
• the pursuit of LEFT ANGLE's legitimate interests, namely the management of its commercial relationship with the Client (vi), the improvement of its services and the management of its commercial communications (vii) and the defense of its interests in court (viii).
LEFT ANGLE may have to process Personal Data in order to comply with its legal obligations (accounting and tax).
The Personal Data are processed by LEFT ANGLE (and the Distributor if applicable), on an active basis, for the following periods:
• The data collected based on the execution of the EULA such as the management of complaints or after-sales service, are kept for the duration of the contractual relationship (duration of the subscribed services);
• the data communicated, which concern the Client's interactions on the Site (products ordered, etc.) and which are used for the purposes of managing the commercial relationship (execution of the contract, prospection) are kept for the duration of the commercial relationship increased by 3 (three) years (subject to the other stipulations of the present policy) after the last interaction with the Client;
• data related to the recording of connection traces, corresponding to the connection logs to an online account, are kept for a period of between seven (7) days and one (1) year from the date of their collection;
• the data collected by LEFT ANGLE within the framework of its tax obligations are preserved until they are sent to the tax authorities once a year, then archived for the strict applicable prescription periods;
• data collected in the context of the procedure for exercising rights, such as information relating to the data subject's request, are kept until the Data Controller and the Distributor, where applicable, act on the request and in compliance with the response period of 30 (thirty) days in principle from receipt of the request with an exception for complex cases (90 days).
At the end of the retention period, the Personal Data may be processed again for anonymous statistical purposes.
At the end of these periods, personal data may be archived in an intermediate database for administrative reasons (legal, accounting, tax, etc.). For example, personal data may be archived for 5 years from the end of the active storage period for litigation purposes (statute of limitations), or for 10 years for accounting purposes.
At the end of these periods, the data will be deleted or anonymized, in accordance with the regulations in force.
LEFT ANGLE may communicate some of the Personal Data:
• to its internal service strictly authorized within the framework of its missions;
• to the Distributor;
• to its subcontractors, in particular to data hosting providers and Cloud solutions providers, who are required to respect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data and to use them only within the framework of the execution of their subcontracting mission or service provision;
• to the tax authorities when required by the tax obligations applicable to LEFT ANGLE.
LEFT ANGLE guarantees that the Client's Personal Data will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third party without his consent.
Under special circumstances, LEFT ANGLE may have to disclose Personal Data when required by judicial authorities.
LEFT ANGLE only uses "session cookies", which are small files sent to the browser and stored on the hard disk of the Client's hardware, when he logs in to his User Account ("Cookies"), in order to keep the connection active for a limited time.
The Cookies only keep in memory the Client's connection data for a period of twelve (12) hours.
These cookies are called "Technical/Functional Cookies" and are not subject to any prior consent, as they allow the Site to function correctly, by allowing the authentication of the Client and the maintenance of his connection.
Article 9 – RIGHTS THAT CAN BE EXERCISED BY THE CLIENT
The Client has the following rights:
• a right of access, i.e. to obtain from the Data Controller confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning him/her are being processed and, if so, access to said Personal Data, as well as various information including the purposes of the processing, the category of Personal Data concerning him/her, the recipient or recipients of the Personal Data, etc.
• a right to rectify, as soon as possible, Personal Data concerning him/her that are inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or equivocal, or whose collection and processing are prohibited;
• a right to object to the processing of his Personal Data by the Data Controller or to a transfer of Personal Data, unless there are legitimate and compelling reasons that override the interests of the Client. When the data is processed for commercial prospection or solicitation purposes.
• commercial prospection purposes, the Client retains the right to object to the processing of his Data at any time;
• a right to request the erasure of the Personal Data concerning him/her for the following reasons:
• the Personal Data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed by LEFT ANGLE;
• the Client has withdrawn the consent on which the processing was based, and there is no other legal reason for the processing of the Personal Data;
• the Client objects to the processing of the Personal Data, either without any reason in case of commercial prospection, or when there is no superior interest to carry out the processing in the other cases;
• the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed;
• the Personal Data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which LEFT ANGLE is subject;
• the Personal Data was collected when the data subject was under eighteen (18) years of age.
• the right to establish post-mortem directives, i.e. to organize in advance and during his/her lifetime the conditions in which the Client wishes the Personal Data that LEFT ANGLE has collected and processed to be kept and communicated, after his/her death;
• a right to data portability allowing the Client to receive the Personal Data that he has transmitted to LEFT ANGLE in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit them to another data controller, without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided;
• the right to withdraw its consent at any time, when the processing depend on the Client's consent;
• the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or which significantly affects him in a similar way;
• the right to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), if the Client considers that the processing of Personal Data constitutes a violation of the laws and regulations in force.
If the Client wishes to exercise any of the rights, he may send his request to one of the addresses mentioned in the article "Identity and contact details of the Data Controller".
If the Client exercises any of his rights electronically, the Personal Data will be provided electronically by LEFT ANGLE where possible, unless the Client has specifically requested otherwise.
Any dispute concerning it shall be brought before the competent French courts.