The stack, located on the left, is one of the two main panels of the timeline. Here you can superimpose elements according to the principle of layer stacking.
Populating the stack:
To add new layers in the stack, you can:
- Drag a source from the Project panel to the stack; this will create a new layer using this element as a source
- Click the "+" button at the top of the Timeline; usually to create a new layer using a generator as a source
- Copy/paste an existing layer; this can be done with or without a sharing option, available through the action button represented by a wrench
Reordering the stack:
- To move a layer or a group of selected layers up or down in the stack, simply click and drag them to reorder the stack
- If you want to move a bunch of layers from the bottom to the top, you can also cut and paste them.
To know more about selecting and reordering, please refer to this section.