The "Shape Tool " lets you draw lines, curves, or solid shapes, and it is accessible through the D (like Draw) key, as well as to the left of the Viewer.
The Shape Tool offers 5 modes
- Fill: the created curve is filled with a constant color.
- Stroke: the curve is rendered as a stroke only.
- Fill and stroke: a combination of the two preceding modes:
- Two layers are created and the Path group is shared between them.
- This mode is only accessible from the Option Bar at the top
- Fill and feather: shape with a shaded ramp defined by an external outline
- Follow path: the curve is used to transform to layer. A detailed description and workflow can be found in the Drive Layers By Curve section.