This is an overview of the Toolbar, on the left.
One of these tools may be activated before clicking a button in the Options toolbar, at the top.
From top to bottom:
- Draw the curve
- Add a point to an existing curve: the tangent of the new point as well as the previous and next ones are set so that the curve isn't visualy modified.
- Delete a point: it can also reset a feather point if the curve has one. The shortcut to quickly access this tool when you use the Draw tool is Ctrl / Cmd.
- Point selection: switch to edit mode, where you can draw a selection cage around points and transform them.
- Reset the point tangents or create new ones by clicking and dragging. The shortcut to quickly access this tool when you use the Draw tool is Alt.
- Open or close the shape at selecting point, depending on its current state. (The closing can also be done by pressing Enter (Validate and Close) or Esc (Validate without closing) when you create a new curve.
- Tag a point as "First". Can be useful when animating a layer along curve or use the Start/End parameters for stroke.