Autograph gives you the ability to link parameters together without using any expressions. A Link must be distinguished from the concept of parameter sharing.
All parameters, of any kind, always have two connection slots:
- One to add/connect/share a generator to this parameter (the one we are particularly interested in here)
- One to add/connect/share a modifier to this parameter
The generator slot is the one we are particularly interested in:
- If the slot is not connected to anything, you will see a greyed-out icon representing a disconnected plug and socket
- If the slot is connected to another parameter, its borders will be yellow as if the plug is connected to the socket
- If the slot is connected to a generator, its borders will be yellow and the generator’s icon will be displayed
Clicking this icon provides many options, divided into 4 boxes, named the Quad menu.
The upper left box is dedicated to share and link. Let's focus on the linking option:
- Copy link: remembers that this parameter will be the driver
- Paste link: defines that this parameter will be driven by the one defined with Copy Link
- Disconnect from X: breaks the link established with the driver (note there can be only one driver)
- Controlling: lists the driven parameters if the current parameter is linked to them as a driver